4 Kids Class Guidelines/Policies
- Contact – The BTEF/4Kids is a volunteer organization that coordinates enrichment programs to all RVS and any child living in Boonton Township. All 4Kids/BTEF correspondence should be directed to our email address at BTEFNJ@gmail.com. All messages will be returned within 24-48 hours. We will not send home class reminders or makeup reminders. Our calendar, session weeks, canceled classes and makeup classes are posted on the RVS website under the 4Kids program header. It is the Parents responsibility to check the 4kids website for all information pertaining to all 4kids classes. All documents can be downloaded and printed for your reference. Our 4kids registration forms will be available on the RVS Virtual Backpack.
- Confirmation - All registrations should be returned to 4Kids/Ed Foundation via backpack mail. All registrations must be received by the deadline. We will no longer accept late registrations. Checks will be deposited after the start of the session. Any returned checks will be subject to all bank and processing fees. Students will receive a written confirmation for the program they have registered for. Parents will be contacted if a class is full or canceled. Please do not send your child to a class unless you receive a confirmation or have spoken to a 4kids coordinator. Our class sizes are limited, we must maintain a certain number of children to schedule a class, no child can switch classes or get a refund after the session starts.
- Pick Up – Please enter the school through the Art Room entrance in the parking lot. A BTEF liaison will be at the Art Room door by 3:20pm to let parents or guardians into the school. A poster will be on the wall to indicate which rooms the 4Kids Classes are taking place. Proceed to your student's classroom. Students in K through 4 must be signed out by an adult. Students in grades 5 to 8 are allowed to leave at the end of class.
- Behavior - Proper behavior is expected from all students attending a 4Kids class. Safety is our first priority. We have implemented a new warning policy. The new warning policy is a follows: A family will receive 1 warning for inappropriate behavior or disruptive behavior. More than 1 warning per session will result in termination from the remainder of the session with no refund.
- Late Pickup – Our 4kids classes run from 2:30-3:30pm. You are expected to have your child signed out and out of the classroom at 3:30pm. If you don’t feel you will be able to pick up your child at 3:30pm when you register your child please contact the YMCA Kids Club for after care services via RVS. Any child not picked up by 3:30 pm will be brought down to the Art Room by our liaison. More than 1 late pickup per session will result in termination of the class, no refund and exclusion in the next upcoming session. We ask that you arrive prior to class dismissal.
- Fundraiser - All the students at RVS benefit from these affordable enrichment programs. We are able to offer the programs at a lower cost to our students/families because of our annual fundraiser “The Township Classic” golf outing. In addition, the RVS Musical, RVS & MLHS Teacher Grants are also funded by The BTEF/4KIDS.